Jaffa (Joppa) is mentioned four times in the Hebrew Bible: as one of the cities given to the Hebrew Tribe of Dan (Book of Joshua 19:46), as port-of-entry for the cedars of Lebanon for Solomon’s Temple (2 Chronicles 2:16), as the place where the prophet Jonah embarked for Tarshish (Book of Jonah 1:3), and as port-of-entry for the cedars of Lebanon for the Second Temple of Jerusalem (Book of Ezra 3:7). Jaffa is mentioned in the Book of Joshua as the territorial border of the Tribe of Dan, thus the modern term “Gush Dan” for the center of the coastal plain. Many descendants of Dan lived along the coast and earned their living from shipmaking and sailing. In the “Song of Deborah” the prophetess asks: “דן למה יגור אוניו” Why does Dan dwell in ships?”
The New Testament account of Peter’s resurrection of the widow Tabitha takes place in Jaffa (Acts 9:36-42). While Peter was in Jaffa, he had a vision of a large sheet filled with “clean” and “unclean” animals being lowered from heaven, which he later understood as a sign to accompany messengers from Cornelius to Caesarea (Acts 10: 10-23).
Many times when we share the Good News of Yeshua the Messiah, whether with the Orthodox Jews or Secular, we encounter the same obstacle – they need to see what the Rabbis say or ask their Rabbi.
Orthodox usually say we can’t understand the Bible without rabbinic interpretations. This is how the enemy keeps them from reading the True Written Word. It is very interesting how many times we meet people that are totally living a life without God, but when confronted with the Messianic Prophecies lots of times they say they need to ask the Rabbi, a blind man leading a blind man.
Messiah of Israel Ministries is reaching the Lost Sheep of Israel using mostly Tanach (the Old Testament).
1 Corinthians 9:20“To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.”
We were sharing the love of Yeshua in Jaffa and using the amazing evangelistic tool, The Rabbi Who Found Messiah to lead Jews to the Written Word of God.
Kaduri’s revelation continues to explode in Israel
We were walking and praying in Jaffa sharing the Love of Yeshua. Messianic Rabbi Zev Porat approached a man called Avi, and asked: “Do you listen to the Rabbis?” Avi: “Sure. I listen to only the Rabbis.” At that timec Avi saw the book with Kaduri’s picture in Zev’s hand, he was very excited and asked: “What is Rabbi Kaduri’s book about?” Zev then opened the book with Avi. When Avi read the note that Kaduri left – Yeshua is the Messiah. he was in total shock.
Zev shared the full Gospel of salvation with Avi: The Messiah Yeshua came to die for our sins, rose on the third day and by His blood we have full redemption of sins if we believe and trust in Him. Avi was intrigued and asked where does it say in the Bible that the Messiah died for our sins? We read together Isaiah 53:1-9 –
- Who has believed our report. And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
- For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
- He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
- Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.
- But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
- All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
- He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its
shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth.
- He was taken from prison and from judgment, And who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
- And they made His grave with the wicked- But with the rich at His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
After reading Avi was amazed. The Holy Spirit was right there working on him. Zev explained God loves us so much He sent His son the Messiah to take all our sins on Him. Zev encouraged Avi to read the Word of God. Please pray for Avi’s salvation.
We continued to share the Gospel with many. Please pray for their salvation.
Kaduri’s revelation that Yeshua is the Messiah continues to explode all over Israel.